Sunday, December 18, 2016

Review #3 : Instincts by Rachel Renee

"Instincts: A way of thinking or feeling that is not learned.
Instincts: Drivers of behaviors.
Instincts: Help us to survive."

Instincts: The Savannah PD series.
Volume 1: Detective Eliza Sheppard.

Blurb: 

An abandoned factory in the dead of night—urine and decay permeating the air, setting the scene for the most recent horror film—only this isn’t the movies. The silhouette of the person hanging from the rafters is real life and the beginning of a case.
I’m detective Eliza Sheppard and it’s my job to determine what has happened to someone at the end of their journey here on earth. It’s my job to catch the guys or gals who felt it was in them to end that person’s journey. And it’s my job to put those criminals behind bars. Armed with my team of detectives, and most importantly my instincts, I set out to find what happened to respected Savannah business woman, Loretta Michaels. With little evidence and doubts from others, I am driven to follow a lead that many others suspect could be a wild goose chase. Will my instincts lead me to a killer? And how far am I willing to go to bring the killer to justice?




The book follows the journey of detective Eliza and her team to find their Mystery Man who commited an atrocious murder. The story keeps you invested and intrigued to know what's happening next until the last chapter. 

The main character Eliza is a strong woman with strong instincts that help her solve her case. She's likeable, fun, and smart. 

Beautifully written, highly unpredictable, and most importantly enjoyable.

The book is not like any other detective/mystery book out there. It is unique on its own, intriguing, and overall beautiful. It was really fun reading it and extremely enjoyed its ending. It really reminded me why I liked mystery books in the first place: the anticipation and enjoyment of trying to guess the killer with the characters. And what's even more beautiful about this book is, I never guessed right.

Its epilogue makes me want to read more.

Verdict: 4 STARS ★★★★

Recommend the book and the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment